Here is my Picasso dog. Did you make some?
Good vocabulary possibilities:
Eye, nose, ear, tongue, paw, tail, (learning to name the parts of things is really important for clarity – see http://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/Naming-of-parts-6224211/ ) Talk about what’s missing from this dog. E.g. how many paws does a dog have? Where is his body? Where are his legs?
Colour names and how to mix orange, green and purple. The tools you used – I had a pencil, red, yellow and blue paint, a brush, some water in a jar, black felt tip and paper. I couldn’t find any black paper so I took the photo of my picture on top of something black!
Dogs can walk, run, sit, jump, swim, bark, make a mess, catch things, eat, drink, what can dogs do that we can’t?
Draw, turn, open the paint, squeeze some out, mix the colours, a little bit of blue, a lot of yellow, paint the dog, look at your picture, do you like it this way?, turn it round, does it look good now?, take a photo, print it, make a card, send the card (all the vocabulary for that).
If you watched the video together, talk about what Carla did: what did she get out ready, how did she begin, what came next, and so on. Before you start on yours, list the actions again as you point at your fingers in turn:
- we get everything ready etc. etc.
When you’ve made yours, ask the child to report on how the job was done – praise any attempt at a sequenced list of actions in the correct order. Again, point at your fingers to jog the memory of the list. If some of the actions are correct but in an impossible order, try and introduce the idea of ‘coming first’, ‘and then’, ‘that was the last thing’… like a story.
Talk about how the picture is a bit like a dog BUT that it is very funny/strange/peculiar/odd. Look at a dog you have or see outside your home and talk about a real dog.
Click on the button to join up – it’s free…
TITLES OF ALL POSTS
- February brings the rain… (I wonder)
- Christmas & New Year are coming
- Busy month ahead?
- Run, run
- November is coming
- October calendar & worksheet
- Just in time…
- Black Sheep Press
- Here we go again…
- June calendar & worksheet
- May calendar & worksheet
- April calendar & worksheet
- March calendar and worksheet is out
- January is half over…
- 19,488 downloads…
- December calendar & worksheet is uploaded
- November calendar & worksheet is available
- More fairy tales with Language Levels questions
- I have been busy…
- New title for Language Levels work
- New Language Levels resource
- Well done!
- New Marion Blank Language Levels resource
- How did you get on?
- Modigliani portraits
- Oil pastel and paint people
- Nature faces
- Leaf printing
- Night sky
- Picasso dog
- Crazy birds
- Kids Art Week
- Using Language Levels: Story 4 Friends
- Using Language Levels: new resources
- It’s dinner time!
- Dr. Marion Blank
- To bad-mouth: verb
- Time and Index Update