There are eight stories in all. I enjoyed the online course I took with Carla Sonheim immensely and then working with a New Zealand teacher/writer Pip Harrison to make teaching resources for primary age children. The simpler stories have been retold by me – Catherine Redmayne – and I did all the illustrations. The versions for older children have been retold by Pip Harrison.
Here are two versions of the stories.
- The Frog Princess (short)
- The Frog Princess (long)
- Blondine, Bonne-Biche & Beau Minon (short)
- Blondine, Bonne Biche & Beau Minon (long)
- The Real Princess (short)
- The Real Princess (poem)
- Little Red Riding Hood (short)
- Little Red Riding Hood (long)
- The Twelve Brothers (short)
- The Twelve Brothers (long)
- Cinderella (short)
- Cinderella (long)
- The Magic Horse (short)
- The Magic Horse (long)
- The Lady and the Lion (short)
- The Lady and the Lion (long)
NB If you download the texts from TES, you will find additional resources.
Go to the Traditional tales / fairy tales / tales from other lands to see what is included.