Here are my crazy birds. Did you make some?
Good vocabulary possibilities:
bird beak tail claws wings feathers two legs (learning to name the parts of things is really important for clarity – see http://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/Naming-of-parts-6224211/ )
colour names and the tools you used – I had a pencil, blue ink, yellow paint, colour sticks, paper, scissors, glue stick
birds can fly, walk, (swim), make a nest, lay eggs, catch things, find food, drink, bathe – what can birds do that we can’t?
cut, cut in half, cut again, quarter(s) 1, 2, 3, 4, choose, turn around, this looks like… (a head, a tail), stick, draw, take a photo, print it, make a card, send the card (all the vocabulary for that)
If you watched the video together, talk about what Carla did: what did she get out ready, how did she begin, what came next, and so on. Before you start on yours, list the actions again as you point at your fingers in turn:
- we get everything ready
- we draw circles
- we draw flowers
- we cut them up
- we choose a bit of a circle and a bit of a flower
- we stick them on a piece of paper
- we finish the bird
When you’ve made yours, ask the child to report on how the job was done – praise any attempt at a sequenced list of actions in the correct order. Again, point at your fingers to jog the memory of the list.
Talk about how we know they are birds BUT that they are funny/strange/peculiar/odd birds. Look at any birds outside your home and talk about the differences: colour, shape, leg length…
Click on the button to join up – it’s free… The Crazy Birds video is an introductory one. Hope you can find it! I will post my Picasso Dog next!
TITLES OF ALL POSTS
- June calendar & worksheet
- May calendar & worksheet
- March 2019 calendar & worksheet
- February 2019 calendar & worksheet
- January 2019 calendar & worksheet
- November & December calendars & worksheets
- October calendar & worksheet
- September calendar & worksheet
- Up and running again
- July calendar & worksheet
- Run, run
- Black Sheep Press
- January is half over…
- More fairy tales with Language Levels questions
- Well done!
- New Marion Blank Language Levels resource
- How did you get on?
- Modigliani portraits
- Oil pastel and paint people
- Nature faces
- Leaf printing
- Night sky
- Picasso dog
- Crazy birds
- Kids Art Week
- Using Language Levels: Story 4 Friends
- Using Language Levels: new resources
- It’s dinner time!
- Dr. Marion Blank
- To bad-mouth: verb
- Time and Index Update
- The Lady and the Lion
- The Magic Horse
- If you’re a good girl…
- The Twelve Brothers
- Little Red Riding Hood
- The real princess AKA The princess and the pea