…“Guards! Seize this man!” ordered the King. “Take him to prison until my son comes safely home. Fancy bringing me such a dangerous thing!” …
Early Reading version
…“Look at that!” cried the King.
“The Prince might die.”
And the King sent the man to jail…
The three simpler versions:
- with symbols
- at a lower reading level
- as sequencing cards with captions are less challenging in content.
- More tessellations to talk about, colour, or cut and reassemble
- A writing ‘frame’ to make 8 A5 pages, each with a picture and lines for children to write a new version
The link is on the right under Traditional Tales. Constructive comments are welcome either in the Resource listing when you have downloaded the stories from TES and used them with your group, or by a message to me on this blog or as a PM on TES.
If you do not get your resources from TES, you can find the ‘long and short of it’ versions (as above) here.
TITLES OF PREVIOUS POSTS
- March 2019 calendar & worksheet
- February 2019 calendar & worksheet
- January 2019 calendar & worksheet
- November & December calendars & worksheets
- October calendar & worksheet
- September calendar & worksheet
- Up and running again
- July calendar & worksheet
- Run, run
- Black Sheep Press
- January is half over…
- More fairy tales with Language Levels questions
- Well done!
- New Marion Blank Language Levels resource
- How did you get on?
- Modigliani portraits
- Oil pastel and paint people
- Nature faces
- Leaf printing
- Night sky
- Picasso dog
- Crazy birds
- Kids Art Week
- Using Language Levels: Story 4 Friends
- Using Language Levels: new resources
- It’s dinner time!
- Dr. Marion Blank
- To bad-mouth: verb
- Time and Index Update
- The Lady and the Lion
- The Magic Horse
- If you’re a good girl…